Call Our College Park Attorneys to Represent You If You’ve Suffered Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury can impair a person’s ability to live their everyday life, inflicting them with nerve damage, loss of memory or motor ability, developmental disabilities, and more. In extreme cases, the victim’s brain injury can lead to sudden death.
Living with a TBI can accrue life-long medical expenses and loss of income on top of the continual pain and suffering. If you have sustained a TBI because of someone else’s negligent or wrongful act, you might be entitled to compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
Our team at The Foster Firm can guide you through this difficult time. Our experienced traumatic brain injury lawyer in Atlanta will fight tirelessly for our client’s rights, sticking by them with patience and compassion until they receive fair compensation.
What Is a TBI?
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) affect the regular function of your brain, typically resulting from a violent blow to the head or an object penetrating the skull. These injuries are incredibly serious, and you should seek immediate medical assistance after suffering any head trauma. If your injury results from another’s negligent actions, your medical bills could be their responsibility.
Work with a skilled traumatic brain injury lawyer at The Foster Firm to increase your chances of winning compensation for your medical treatment, including surgeries, rehabilitation, and other expenses.
Types of TBIs
Not all TBIs are the same; many types of injuries exist, including:
- Penetrating injury: when an outside object (such as a bullet) penetrates the skull and damages the brain
- Contusion: bruising or bleeding in the tissues of the brain
- Coup-contrecoup: brain damage in two locations, including the site of the injury and where the brain jolted against the skull
- Anoxic brain injury: when the brain does not receive enough oxygen for some time
- Diffuse axonal injury: brain injuries as a result of violent movement or shaking
The symptoms of TBIs range from mild to severe, depending on the injury.
Mild TBI symptoms include:
- Loss of balance
- Light sensitivity
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensory changes
- Difficulty concentrating
- Memory loss
- Mood changes
Moderate or severe TBI symptoms include:
- Lengthy loss of consciousness or coma
- Persistent headaches
- Convulsions and seizures
- Poor coordination
- Slurred speed
- Abnormal behavior
If you have a head injury, it’s critical to undergo tests to diagnose a possible TBI, including:
- CT and MRI scans
- Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS)
- Speech, language, and cognition tests
These diagnostic tests provide information about the severity of your brain injury. This documented evidence is crucial for building a case for your personal injury claim. It shows the extent of your injuries and the potentially life-changing symptoms you experience. Your lawyer will use this evidence to negotiate a proper settlement or demand a certain amount of compensation in court.
Common Causes of TBIs
Many accidents can cause TBIs, but some of the most common ones include:
- Vehicle collisions. Crashes involving motor vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians can be violent and cause TBIs in accident victims.
- Slips and falls. Broken pieces of floor, scattered equipment, and unattended puddles can cause someone to fall and suffer a TBI.
- Sports injuries. Contact sports like football and boxing often result in serious head injuries.
- Medical malpractice. Mistakes during surgery, such as not monitoring oxygen to the brain, can lead to traumatic brain injuries.
TBI Claims in Georgia
At The Foster Firm, we understand how difficult your situation must be, and worrying about legal matters is likely the last thing you want to do. Our team at The Foster Firm can handle your case so you can concentrate on rehabilitation and recovery. Our attorney and legal team have the knowledge and experience to determine the cause of your TBI, your damages, and who is liable for the accident.
Investigating TBI claims requires experience with personal injury cases involving extensive medical evidence and calculating a lifetime’s worth of damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of quality of life
Trusted Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in the Atlanta Area
The Foster Firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients in their personal injury cases, including brain injury victims. You might be eligible for compensation for your losses if your TBI resulted from someone else’s reckless actions or failure to prevent the accident.
For immediate legal assistance from our traumatic brain injury lawyer in Atlanta, call us at The Foster Firm at 404-559-8325 in Douglasville and College Park, GA.