How To Prevent Dog Bites
5 Tips for Reducing Your Risk of a Dog Attack
Dog attacks have been a very troubling trend in Metro Atlanta and across the U.S. There are millions of dog bites across the country every year. Dog bites and vicious attacks are so devastating and alarming. Unfortunately, many dog owners are terribly irresponsible. Their irresponsibility should not become your burden, but in many ways, it has become just that. Avoiding a dog attack can literally save your life.
Here are 5 tips for reducing your risk of a dog attack:
- NEVER approach a dog you do not know. If you are not familiar with a dog, leave it alone no matter how friendly it looks.
- NEVER approach a dog while eating or sleeping. This action may bring about unexpected aggression from the dog.
- NEVER try to outrun a dog. You cannot win that race. Stand your ground and be firm in commanding the dog to leave you alone. If it comes down to it, fight the dog off with all your might and focus on vulnerable areas like the eyes and throat.
- NEVER leave your home unprotected. Always have pepper spray, mace, or a personal alarm on you. You never know when you may need it.
- NEVER play too rough with a dog. Especially in the case of children, gentle, consistent play is always best.
We hope these tips help you stay safe. If you have been the victim of a dog bite or attack, let us know. We can help you recover both physically and financially.