Black Friday Shopping Safety Tips
Black Friday shopping has become a true American tradition. It can be lots of fun and of course, you can also save a tremendous amount of money by taking advantage of special offers. Safety has to remain top of mind when Black Friday shopping. Crowds and excitement can also bring about increased and unexpected risks.
Here Are 20 Black Friday Shopping Tips To Help Keep You Safe:
- Keep your personal items, purse, and/or wallet on your person at all times.
- Don’t argue or get physical over an item.
- Only bring the necessary credit cards with you.
- Limit the amount of cash you have on your person.
- Make sure your cell phone has a full charge before you leave your home.
- Shop in pairs or in a group.
- Utilize online shopping whenever possible.
- Put your credit cards in a protective sleeve to block illegal scanning.
- Don’t take your money out until asked to do so.
- Shop during daylight hours.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Never ask strangers for help with lifting or placing items in your vehicle.
- Carry safety keys that include a whistle and pepper spray.
- Lock your vehicle and turn on your car alarm.
- Do not leave any valuables visible in your vehicle.
- Keep a close watch on children and minors that are shopping with you.
- Only shop with reputable retailers.
- Be polite to other shoppers.
- Save all of your shopping receipts until a few months after the holiday has passed.
- Refrain from using public Wi-Fi.
Shopping & Retail Store Liability
We hope you and your family are safe all holiday season, but if you are injured while Black Friday shopping, contact our team. As experienced and successful personal injury attorneys, we understand the premises liability laws that apply to these types of cases. Contact us directly to discuss your injury case. There are no fees unless you win.