5 Things You Should Do After A Car Accident
Protect Yourself After A Car Wreck
Car accidents can cost you in so many ways. Car repairs, injuries, and loss of work are just a few. Avoiding an accident is the best way to protect yourself, but sometimes you can’t. You may be doing everything right and still end up in a car wreck. Unfortunately irresponsible and distracted drivers are all over the roads in Metro Atlanta. According to GDOT, there were over 1,500 fatalities on Georgia roadways in 2017. What a scary statistic! If you are in an accident, it is so important to protect yourself after a car wreck.
Here are 5 things you should do after a car accident.
1. STAY ON THE SCENE: Never leave the scene of a car accident. Wait for the authorities to arrive. Be sure you are safely away from any oncoming traffic while you wait.
2. CALL THE POLICE: You definitely want the accident documented by the proper authorities. Do not leave the scene until you have given your version of events to the police. Leave the scene as is so that the police can clearly see how the accident occurred.
3. GET MEDICAL ATTENTION: Many injuries do not appear immediately. It is important to be thoroughly checked out by a medical professional after a car accident.
4. TAKE PICTURES & VIDEO: Documenting damage, injuries and the accident scene is crucial. If you are able to safely take pictures and/or video that is a great way of documenting what occurred.
5. CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY: Don’t depend on insurance companies to do the right thing after an accident. You need to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to ensure your rights are protected and you are properly compensated.